Place Details

Place Details

Kochubey's mansion

When in 1852 Lord Kochubey bought a plot on Konnogvardeysky Boulevard, there was a small mansion there. The Prince commissioned the construction of a new house to Harald Ernestovich Bossa, an academician and architect, whose projects were used to build many buildings both in St. Petersburg and abroad.

In 1853, Bosse's project to reorganize the building on this site was approved by Emperor Nicholas I. It took four years to realize the idea of the famous architect: Kochubei's mansion was designed in a very fashionable Florentine style at that time, and in the city it was dubbed “the house with the Moors”. The fact is that Bosse decorated the fence with busts of black women and men, whose clothes were made of white marble.

The house had running water, which was very rare at that time, and the mansion was also heated by ovens, so it was a real engineering marvel.

The interior of the house amazed with its stylistic diversity. The English Renaissance and ancient Greek mythology — everything is intertwined, creating a single ensemble.

In December 1867, the house went to a new owner, merchant Fedor Rodokonaki. Karl Müller created a new project for the redevelopment of the building especially for him, as a result of which there was a superstructure on the second floor, as well as utility rooms in the front yard, and in place of the Winter of the garden made a front dining room.

A century after all the revolutions and the triumph of communism and socialism in the former territory of the Russian Empire, the building went to a cosmetic clinic. At that time, its exquisite interiors were seriously damaged: water pipes were installed under the floor, and plumbing fixtures were placed on the wall decor. In 1971, a military court was located here, because of which the house was again reconstructed and concreted ventilation ducts and ovens. Only in 1987, Kochubey's mansion was recognized as an architectural monument, and a few years later the building was restored - specialists managed to restore its former architectural delights.

Today, Kochubey's house hosts various celebrations, conferences and seminars. The employees of the house do not just provide luxurious premises, but also take care of the organization itself.

When in 1852 Lord Kochubey bought a plot on Konnogvardeysky Boulevard, there was a small mansion there. The Prince commissioned the construction of a new house to Harald Ernestovich Bossa, an academician and architect, whose projects were used to build many buildings both in St. Petersburg and abroad.

In 1853, Bosse's project to reorganize the building on this site was approved by Emperor Nicholas I. It took four years to realize the idea of the famous architect: Kochubei's mansion was designed in a very fashionable Florentine style at that time, and in the city it was dubbed “the house with the Moors”. The fact is that Bosse decorated the fence with busts of black women and men, whose clothes were made of white marble.

The house had running water, which was very rare at that time, and the mansion was also heated by ovens, so it was a real engineering marvel.

The interior of the house amazed with its stylistic diversity. The English Renaissance and ancient Greek mythology — everything is intertwined, creating a single ensemble.

In December 1867, the house went to a new owner, merchant Fedor Rodokonaki. Karl Müller created a new project for the redevelopment of the building especially for him, as a result of which there was a superstructure on the second floor, as well as utility rooms in the front yard, and in place of the Winter of the garden made a front dining room.

A century after all the revolutions and the triumph of communism and socialism in the former territory of the Russian Empire, the building went to a cosmetic clinic. At that time, its exquisite interiors were seriously damaged: water pipes were installed under the floor, and plumbing fixtures were placed on the wall decor. In 1971, a military court was located here, because of which the house was again reconstructed and concreted ventilation ducts and ovens. Only in 1987, Kochubey's mansion was recognized as an architectural monument, and a few years later the building was restored - specialists managed to restore its former architectural delights.

Today, Kochubey's house hosts various celebrations, conferences and seminars. The employees of the house do not just provide luxurious premises, but also take care of the organization itself.

When in 1852 Lord Kochubey bought a plot on Konnogvardeysky Boulevard, there was a small mansion there. The Prince commissioned the construction of a new house to Harald Ernestovich Bossa, an academician and architect, whose projects were used to build many buildings both in St. Petersburg and abroad.

In 1853, Bosse's project to reorganize the building on this site was approved by Emperor Nicholas I. It took four years to realize the idea of the famous architect: Kochubei's mansion was designed in a very fashionable Florentine style at that time, and in the city it was dubbed “the house with the Moors”. The fact is that Bosse decorated the fence with busts of black women and men, whose clothes were made of white marble.

The house had running water, which was very rare at that time, and the mansion was also heated by ovens, so it was a real engineering marvel.

The interior of the house amazed with its stylistic diversity. The English Renaissance and ancient Greek mythology — everything is intertwined, creating a single ensemble.

In December 1867, the house went to a new owner, merchant Fedor Rodokonaki. Karl Müller created a new project for the redevelopment of the building especially for him, as a result of which there was a superstructure on the second floor, as well as utility rooms in the front yard, and in place of the Winter of the garden made a front dining room.

A century after all the revolutions and the triumph of communism and socialism in the former territory of the Russian Empire, the building went to a cosmetic clinic. At that time, its exquisite interiors were seriously damaged: water pipes were installed under the floor, and plumbing fixtures were placed on the wall decor. In 1971, a military court was located here, because of which the house was again reconstructed and concreted ventilation ducts and ovens. Only in 1987, Kochubey's mansion was recognized as an architectural monument, and a few years later the building was restored - specialists managed to restore its former architectural delights.

Today, Kochubey's house hosts various celebrations, conferences and seminars. The employees of the house do not just provide luxurious premises, but also take care of the organization itself.

Address

Konnogvardeysky Blvd., 7

Website

http://kpalace.ru/

Source

https://kudago.com/spb/place/osobnyak-kochubeya-dom-s-mavrami/

Map

Сity tours