Place Details

Place Details

Countess M. E. Kleinmihel

The mansion resembling a fairytale castle has been rebuilt by various architects more than once. It was built in 1834 by Stackenschneider. At the beginning of the 20th century, the mansion passed to Countess Kleinmihel, wife of Colonel Preobrazhensky Regiment N. N. Kleinmihel. Limping slightly, the Countess did not like to leave her house for a long time, but turned it into the main meeting place for all dignitaries of the city. She knew almost everything about everyone, her balls and masquerades were famous all over St. Petersburg.

Initially, the building was conceived as an example of Art Nouveau style, but later the existing building was supplemented with peaked neo-Gothic towers, gates with wrought-iron lanterns, and lattices on the windows. The interiors of the mansion have not survived to this day, but you can see them in the magazines of that time. A marble fireplace, a wide staircase, oak paneled walls — all these details made the Countess's mansion truly exquisite.

Currently, the building houses the Reception House of the Presidential Administration of the Russian Federation.

The mansion resembling a fairytale castle has been rebuilt by various architects more than once. It was built in 1834 by Stackenschneider. At the beginning of the 20th century, the mansion passed to Countess Kleinmihel, wife of Colonel Preobrazhensky Regiment N. N. Kleinmihel. Limping slightly, the Countess did not like to leave her house for a long time, but turned it into the main meeting place for all dignitaries of the city. She knew almost everything about everyone, her balls and masquerades were famous all over St. Petersburg.

Initially, the building was conceived as an example of Art Nouveau style, but later the existing building was supplemented with peaked neo-Gothic towers, gates with wrought-iron lanterns, and lattices on the windows. The interiors of the mansion have not survived to this day, but you can see them in the magazines of that time. A marble fireplace, a wide staircase, oak paneled walls — all these details made the Countess's mansion truly exquisite.

Currently, the building houses the Reception House of the Presidential Administration of the Russian Federation.

The mansion resembling a fairytale castle has been rebuilt by various architects more than once. It was built in 1834 by Stackenschneider. At the beginning of the 20th century, the mansion passed to Countess Kleinmihel, wife of Colonel Preobrazhensky Regiment N. N. Kleinmihel. Limping slightly, the Countess did not like to leave her house for a long time, but turned it into the main meeting place for all dignitaries of the city. She knew almost everything about everyone, her balls and masquerades were famous all over St. Petersburg.

Initially, the building was conceived as an example of Art Nouveau style, but later the existing building was supplemented with peaked neo-Gothic towers, gates with wrought-iron lanterns, and lattices on the windows. The interiors of the mansion have not survived to this day, but you can see them in the magazines of that time. A marble fireplace, a wide staircase, oak paneled walls — all these details made the Countess's mansion truly exquisite.

Currently, the building houses the Reception House of the Presidential Administration of the Russian Federation.

Address

12, Krestovka River Embankment

Source

https://kudago.com/spb/place/osobnyak-klejnmihel/

Map

Сity tours