Place Details

Place Details

baron brandt mansion

The building, which belonged to the great timber merchant Baron V.E. Brandt before the revolution, is now combined with the mansion of Matilda Kshesinskaya and since 1957 belongs to the State Museum of Political History Russia. After the revolution, Lenin and Sverdlov, Stalin and Zinoviev often performed in it.

The building has the status of an object of cultural heritage of the Russian Federation, is a historical and cultural monument of the city.

The mansion of the successful entrepreneur Vasily Brandt was built in 1910 by a major St. Petersburg architect Roman Meltser. The style of the building is eclectic, its appearance combines several stylistic trends: neoclassicism, modern and symbolism. The latter is represented by a relief image that adorns the mansion.

After the revolution, the building was badly damaged. It was looted and rebuilt several times inside. Until now, the main entrance, the main staircase is made of marble, a very beautiful oak staircase and stained glass windows have been well preserved. The walls of the rooms are decorated with bas-reliefs on antique themes.

The building, which belonged to the great timber merchant Baron V.E. Brandt before the revolution, is now combined with the mansion of Matilda Kshesinskaya and since 1957 belongs to the State Museum of Political History Russia. After the revolution, Lenin and Sverdlov, Stalin and Zinoviev often performed in it.

The building has the status of an object of cultural heritage of the Russian Federation, is a historical and cultural monument of the city.

The mansion of the successful entrepreneur Vasily Brandt was built in 1910 by a major St. Petersburg architect Roman Meltser. The style of the building is eclectic, its appearance combines several stylistic trends: neoclassicism, modern and symbolism. The latter is represented by a relief image that adorns the mansion.

After the revolution, the building was badly damaged. It was looted and rebuilt several times inside. Until now, the main entrance, the main staircase is made of marble, a very beautiful oak staircase and stained glass windows have been well preserved. The walls of the rooms are decorated with bas-reliefs on antique themes.

The building, which belonged to the great timber merchant Baron V.E. Brandt before the revolution, is now combined with the mansion of Matilda Kshesinskaya and since 1957 belongs to the State Museum of Political History Russia. After the revolution, Lenin and Sverdlov, Stalin and Zinoviev often performed in it.

The building has the status of an object of cultural heritage of the Russian Federation, is a historical and cultural monument of the city.

The mansion of the successful entrepreneur Vasily Brandt was built in 1910 by a major St. Petersburg architect Roman Meltser. The style of the building is eclectic, its appearance combines several stylistic trends: neoclassicism, modern and symbolism. The latter is represented by a relief image that adorns the mansion.

After the revolution, the building was badly damaged. It was looted and rebuilt several times inside. Until now, the main entrance, the main staircase is made of marble, a very beautiful oak staircase and stained glass windows have been well preserved. The walls of the rooms are decorated with bas-reliefs on antique themes.

Address

st. Kuybysheva, d.4

Source

https://kudago.com/spb/place/osobnyak-barona-brandta/

Map

Сity tours