Place Details

Place Details

Demidovs' estate in Bolshoy Tolmachevsky Pereulok

This estate belonged to Ammos Prokofievich Demidov, son-in-law of Nikifor Vyazemsky, who taught Peter the Great's son, Tsarevich Alexei. At that time, the mansion was a real palace built in the style of classicism. It is assumed that the project of the house was completed by Matvey Kazakov himself.

In subsequent years, **Demidov's manor** was sold and was significantly damaged by the fire of 1812. During the reconstruction, the front facade of the building was slightly redone, decorated with new elements and has been preserved in this form to this day. In the middle of the 19th century, Countess Maria Fedorovna Sollogub became the owner of the estate, ordering to replace the wooden parts of the house with stone ones and build wings. Practically without leaving her mansion, Maria Fedorovna often organized literary evenings attended by famous Russian writers: Turgenev, Aksakov and others. In the 1800s, the estate was sold to the Moscow Educational District, and it housed a men's gymnasium.

In the post-revolutionary years, the Demidovs' mansion housed a school, and almost all the papers of historical value disappeared. A sports ground was built on the site of a luxurious rose garden located near the house. In the 1940s, the [Ushinsky Library] (http://kudago.com/msk/place/nauchnaya-pedagogicheskaya-biblioteka-imushinskogo/) was opened in the Demidov estate, which is still there today.

This estate belonged to Ammos Prokofievich Demidov, son-in-law of Nikifor Vyazemsky, who taught Peter the Great's son, Tsarevich Alexei. At that time, the mansion was a real palace built in the style of classicism. It is assumed that the project of the house was completed by Matvey Kazakov himself.

In subsequent years, **Demidov's manor** was sold and was significantly damaged by the fire of 1812. During the reconstruction, the front facade of the building was slightly redone, decorated with new elements and has been preserved in this form to this day. In the middle of the 19th century, Countess Maria Fedorovna Sollogub became the owner of the estate, ordering to replace the wooden parts of the house with stone ones and build wings. Practically without leaving her mansion, Maria Fedorovna often organized literary evenings attended by famous Russian writers: Turgenev, Aksakov and others. In the 1800s, the estate was sold to the Moscow Educational District, and it housed a men's gymnasium.

In the post-revolutionary years, the Demidovs' mansion housed a school, and almost all the papers of historical value disappeared. A sports ground was built on the site of a luxurious rose garden located near the house. In the 1940s, the [Ushinsky Library] (http://kudago.com/msk/place/nauchnaya-pedagogicheskaya-biblioteka-imushinskogo/) was opened in the Demidov estate, which is still there today.

This estate belonged to Ammos Prokofievich Demidov, son-in-law of Nikifor Vyazemsky, who taught Peter the Great's son, Tsarevich Alexei. At that time, the mansion was a real palace built in the style of classicism. It is assumed that the project of the house was completed by Matvey Kazakov himself.

In subsequent years, **Demidov's manor** was sold and was significantly damaged by the fire of 1812. During the reconstruction, the front facade of the building was slightly redone, decorated with new elements and has been preserved in this form to this day. In the middle of the 19th century, Countess Maria Fedorovna Sollogub became the owner of the estate, ordering to replace the wooden parts of the house with stone ones and build wings. Practically without leaving her mansion, Maria Fedorovna often organized literary evenings attended by famous Russian writers: Turgenev, Aksakov and others. In the 1800s, the estate was sold to the Moscow Educational District, and it housed a men's gymnasium.

In the post-revolutionary years, the Demidovs' mansion housed a school, and almost all the papers of historical value disappeared. A sports ground was built on the site of a luxurious rose garden located near the house. In the 1940s, the [Ushinsky Library] (http://kudago.com/msk/place/nauchnaya-pedagogicheskaya-biblioteka-imushinskogo/) was opened in the Demidov estate, which is still there today.

Address

per. Bolshoy Tolmachevsky, 3

Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/usadba-demidovyh-v-bolshom-tolmachyovskom-pereulke/

Map

Сity tours