Place Details

Place Details

Count Sheremetev's Hospitality

On November 6, 1801, the count and his beloved secretly married in the Church of Simeon Stylite on Povarskaya Street, and a year and a half later, in February 1803, Praskovya Zhemchugova fell ill with consumption and died.

Giacomo Quarenghi, an Italian architect and painter, a devoted friend, was entrusted to the redesign of the Hospice, which was originally designed by Moscow architect Elizvoy Nazarov Praskovya, who accompanied her on her last journey. The Hospitality House opened in 1810, when the count was no longer in this world. The building became both a monument to actress Zhemchugova and a charitable institution that treated all the sick and suffering. The interiors of the house, made by Quarenghi, did not resemble a hospital, but looked like a memorial palace.

After the revolution, in 1919, the Moscow City Ambulance Station was opened here, and in 1923, the Institute of Traumatology and Emergency Care was organized in the Hospitality Home - now the Ambulance Research Institute named after Sklifosovsky.

In 1986, the building housed the Central Museum of Medicine, which in 1991 received the status of the Research Center “Medical Museum” of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.

Today, the Emergency Research Institute, like the Sheremetyevsk Hospitality House, provides free highly qualified round-the-clock medical care to everyone who needs it. The building has restored the Church of the Life-Giving Trinity, which is still operating today.

On November 6, 1801, the count and his beloved secretly married in the Church of Simeon Stylite on Povarskaya Street, and a year and a half later, in February 1803, Praskovya Zhemchugova fell ill with consumption and died.

Giacomo Quarenghi, an Italian architect and painter, a devoted friend, was entrusted to the redesign of the Hospice, which was originally designed by Moscow architect Elizvoy Nazarov Praskovya, who accompanied her on her last journey. The Hospitality House opened in 1810, when the count was no longer in this world. The building became both a monument to actress Zhemchugova and a charitable institution that treated all the sick and suffering. The interiors of the house, made by Quarenghi, did not resemble a hospital, but looked like a memorial palace.

After the revolution, in 1919, the Moscow City Ambulance Station was opened here, and in 1923, the Institute of Traumatology and Emergency Care was organized in the Hospitality Home - now the Ambulance Research Institute named after Sklifosovsky.

In 1986, the building housed the Central Museum of Medicine, which in 1991 received the status of the Research Center “Medical Museum” of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.

Today, the Emergency Research Institute, like the Sheremetyevsk Hospitality House, provides free highly qualified round-the-clock medical care to everyone who needs it. The building has restored the Church of the Life-Giving Trinity, which is still operating today.

On November 6, 1801, the count and his beloved secretly married in the Church of Simeon Stylite on Povarskaya Street, and a year and a half later, in February 1803, Praskovya Zhemchugova fell ill with consumption and died.

Giacomo Quarenghi, an Italian architect and painter, a devoted friend, was entrusted to the redesign of the Hospice, which was originally designed by Moscow architect Elizvoy Nazarov Praskovya, who accompanied her on her last journey. The Hospitality House opened in 1810, when the count was no longer in this world. The building became both a monument to actress Zhemchugova and a charitable institution that treated all the sick and suffering. The interiors of the house, made by Quarenghi, did not resemble a hospital, but looked like a memorial palace.

After the revolution, in 1919, the Moscow City Ambulance Station was opened here, and in 1923, the Institute of Traumatology and Emergency Care was organized in the Hospitality Home - now the Ambulance Research Institute named after Sklifosovsky.

In 1986, the building housed the Central Museum of Medicine, which in 1991 received the status of the Research Center “Medical Museum” of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.

Today, the Emergency Research Institute, like the Sheremetyevsk Hospitality House, provides free highly qualified round-the-clock medical care to everyone who needs it. The building has restored the Church of the Life-Giving Trinity, which is still operating today.

Address

pl. Bolshaya Sukharevskaya, 3

Timetable

seven days a week

Phone

+7 495 620-12-12

Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/strannopriimnyj-dom-npsheremeteva/

Map

Сity tours