Place Details

Place Details

Shlyuzovaya Embankment

Oddly enough, the embankment owes its existence to the flooding of the city. In 1783, as a result of a major flood in the Zamoskvorechye area, many buildings were destroyed. To avoid this in the future, a dam and a Vodootvodny Canal were built. A lock was built near the eastern mouth of the canal, it was located just on the site of the future embankment, hence its name.

In the 19th century, active industrialization of the district began, and industrial buildings and residential buildings began to be built along the embankment. In Soviet times, a grandiose structure was built — the famous shoe factory “Paris Commune”. Now most of its buildings house offices of various companies.

The sights of the waterfront do not end there. A few more old houses have survived to this day. The 1913 building now houses the headquarters of the telecommunications company, and nearby are garages from the 1920s, built in the constructivism style with a bay window facade.

Not only ancient buildings attract the attention of Muscovites walking along this embankment. A pedestrian bridge connects the embankment with the modern Riverside Towers business complex, which houses the Moscow International House of Music and the Swissotel Krasnye Holmy Hotel, one of the the highest in the capital!

Today, the embankment runs between Zatsepsky Val Street and Novospassky Bridge, its length is 750 meters.

Oddly enough, the embankment owes its existence to the flooding of the city. In 1783, as a result of a major flood in the Zamoskvorechye area, many buildings were destroyed. To avoid this in the future, a dam and a Vodootvodny Canal were built. A lock was built near the eastern mouth of the canal, it was located just on the site of the future embankment, hence its name.

In the 19th century, active industrialization of the district began, and industrial buildings and residential buildings began to be built along the embankment. In Soviet times, a grandiose structure was built — the famous shoe factory “Paris Commune”. Now most of its buildings house offices of various companies.

The sights of the waterfront do not end there. A few more old houses have survived to this day. The 1913 building now houses the headquarters of the telecommunications company, and nearby are garages from the 1920s, built in the constructivism style with a bay window facade.

Not only ancient buildings attract the attention of Muscovites walking along this embankment. A pedestrian bridge connects the embankment with the modern Riverside Towers business complex, which houses the Moscow International House of Music and the Swissotel Krasnye Holmy Hotel, one of the the highest in the capital!

Today, the embankment runs between Zatsepsky Val Street and Novospassky Bridge, its length is 750 meters.

Oddly enough, the embankment owes its existence to the flooding of the city. In 1783, as a result of a major flood in the Zamoskvorechye area, many buildings were destroyed. To avoid this in the future, a dam and a Vodootvodny Canal were built. A lock was built near the eastern mouth of the canal, it was located just on the site of the future embankment, hence its name.

In the 19th century, active industrialization of the district began, and industrial buildings and residential buildings began to be built along the embankment. In Soviet times, a grandiose structure was built — the famous shoe factory “Paris Commune”. Now most of its buildings house offices of various companies.

The sights of the waterfront do not end there. A few more old houses have survived to this day. The 1913 building now houses the headquarters of the telecommunications company, and nearby are garages from the 1920s, built in the constructivism style with a bay window facade.

Not only ancient buildings attract the attention of Muscovites walking along this embankment. A pedestrian bridge connects the embankment with the modern Riverside Towers business complex, which houses the Moscow International House of Music and the Swissotel Krasnye Holmy Hotel, one of the the highest in the capital!

Today, the embankment runs between Zatsepsky Val Street and Novospassky Bridge, its length is 750 meters.

Address

nab. Sluice

Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/shlyuzovaya-naberezhnaya/

Map

Сity tours