Place Details

Place Details

Petrovsky Boulevard

The modern line of buildings located along both sides of Petrovsky Boulevard, which can be seen today, was finally formed in the period from the end of the 19th to the beginning of the 20th century. Two centuries earlier, the outer passage bordered on a settlement, the population of which consisted of archers who were subordinate to Colonel Kolobov. This is eloquently recalled by the names of three alleys located in the vicinity of Petrovsky Boulevard, which are called Kolobovsky.

In 1812, a fire broke out that destroyed almost all the buildings bordering the future outer passage of the boulevard. The new developers of this district of Moscow are representatives of the merchants who have settled here for centuries. They were representatives of the middle class, with little income by Moscow standards of that time, so they built their homes, saving every penny.

The layouts of the buildings located on the opposite side of Petrovsky Boulevard have a completely different architectural style. It is clearly dominated by the “noble” layout, which was traditional for buildings erected in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. A distinctive feature of this style is the presence of fairly large households, full-fledged yards and gardens.

The modern line of buildings located along both sides of Petrovsky Boulevard, which can be seen today, was finally formed in the period from the end of the 19th to the beginning of the 20th century. Two centuries earlier, the outer passage bordered on a settlement, the population of which consisted of archers who were subordinate to Colonel Kolobov. This is eloquently recalled by the names of three alleys located in the vicinity of Petrovsky Boulevard, which are called Kolobovsky.

In 1812, a fire broke out that destroyed almost all the buildings bordering the future outer passage of the boulevard. The new developers of this district of Moscow are representatives of the merchants who have settled here for centuries. They were representatives of the middle class, with little income by Moscow standards of that time, so they built their homes, saving every penny.

The layouts of the buildings located on the opposite side of Petrovsky Boulevard have a completely different architectural style. It is clearly dominated by the “noble” layout, which was traditional for buildings erected in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. A distinctive feature of this style is the presence of fairly large households, full-fledged yards and gardens.

The modern line of buildings located along both sides of Petrovsky Boulevard, which can be seen today, was finally formed in the period from the end of the 19th to the beginning of the 20th century. Two centuries earlier, the outer passage bordered on a settlement, the population of which consisted of archers who were subordinate to Colonel Kolobov. This is eloquently recalled by the names of three alleys located in the vicinity of Petrovsky Boulevard, which are called Kolobovsky.

In 1812, a fire broke out that destroyed almost all the buildings bordering the future outer passage of the boulevard. The new developers of this district of Moscow are representatives of the merchants who have settled here for centuries. They were representatives of the middle class, with little income by Moscow standards of that time, so they built their homes, saving every penny.

The layouts of the buildings located on the opposite side of Petrovsky Boulevard have a completely different architectural style. It is clearly dominated by the “noble” layout, which was traditional for buildings erected in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. A distinctive feature of this style is the presence of fairly large households, full-fledged yards and gardens.

Address

Petrovsky Boulevard

Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/petrovskij-bulvar-v-moskve/

Map

Сity tours