Place Details

Place Details

Trifon Ivanovich Korobkov's mansion

Trifon Korobkov was a wealthy entrepreneur. He owned a large paper industry, but in the capital he was known not only as a successful businessman, but also as an avid collector of works of art. In 1984, he ordered the reconstruction of his old house to architect Lev Kekushev. Thanks to this, a new elegant building appeared on Pyatnitskaya Street, decorated with eclectic stucco molding, images of lions and two caryatids.

First, Kekushev added an outbuilding to the house with a separate entrance and an original scaly dome. Then there was a fence. In 1899, due to additional extensions, the area of the house was tripled. The renovation of the building was completed in 1901.

After the death of the owner of the house, the mansion became the property of the businessman's wife Olga Petrovna. By her order, in 1911-1912, a large apartment building was added to it.

However, the quiet life soon ended. Korobkov's widow and her children lived here until the revolution, during which the mansion was expropriated in favor of the state. In 1917, Alexander Karpinsky, President of the Academy of Sciences, settled here. After him, another famous scientist, geographer Vladimir Komarov, moved into the mansion. From the middle of the 20th century until 2013, the building housed the Embassy of Tanzania. After his move, the mansion was restored, but at the moment it is closed to the public. You can get here as part of several excursions, which are held annually by different festivals.

Trifon Korobkov was a wealthy entrepreneur. He owned a large paper industry, but in the capital he was known not only as a successful businessman, but also as an avid collector of works of art. In 1984, he ordered the reconstruction of his old house to architect Lev Kekushev. Thanks to this, a new elegant building appeared on Pyatnitskaya Street, decorated with eclectic stucco molding, images of lions and two caryatids.

First, Kekushev added an outbuilding to the house with a separate entrance and an original scaly dome. Then there was a fence. In 1899, due to additional extensions, the area of the house was tripled. The renovation of the building was completed in 1901.

After the death of the owner of the house, the mansion became the property of the businessman's wife Olga Petrovna. By her order, in 1911-1912, a large apartment building was added to it.

However, the quiet life soon ended. Korobkov's widow and her children lived here until the revolution, during which the mansion was expropriated in favor of the state. In 1917, Alexander Karpinsky, President of the Academy of Sciences, settled here. After him, another famous scientist, geographer Vladimir Komarov, moved into the mansion. From the middle of the 20th century until 2013, the building housed the Embassy of Tanzania. After his move, the mansion was restored, but at the moment it is closed to the public. You can get here as part of several excursions, which are held annually by different festivals.

Trifon Korobkov was a wealthy entrepreneur. He owned a large paper industry, but in the capital he was known not only as a successful businessman, but also as an avid collector of works of art. In 1984, he ordered the reconstruction of his old house to architect Lev Kekushev. Thanks to this, a new elegant building appeared on Pyatnitskaya Street, decorated with eclectic stucco molding, images of lions and two caryatids.

First, Kekushev added an outbuilding to the house with a separate entrance and an original scaly dome. Then there was a fence. In 1899, due to additional extensions, the area of the house was tripled. The renovation of the building was completed in 1901.

After the death of the owner of the house, the mansion became the property of the businessman's wife Olga Petrovna. By her order, in 1911-1912, a large apartment building was added to it.

However, the quiet life soon ended. Korobkov's widow and her children lived here until the revolution, during which the mansion was expropriated in favor of the state. In 1917, Alexander Karpinsky, President of the Academy of Sciences, settled here. After him, another famous scientist, geographer Vladimir Komarov, moved into the mansion. From the middle of the 20th century until 2013, the building housed the Embassy of Tanzania. After his move, the mansion was restored, but at the moment it is closed to the public. You can get here as part of several excursions, which are held annually by different festivals.

Address

st. Pyatnitskaya 33-35

Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/osobnyak-korobkovoj/

Map

Сity tours