Place Details

Place Details

Novo-Alekseevsky Monastery

The Novo-Alekseevsky Monastery was founded in 1358, but during its existence it has changed its “place of residence” several times. Initially, it was located in the center of Moscow, but in the XVII century it moved to the outskirts, to Krasnoye Selo. Various workshops worked in the monastery, and in 1871, the first school in Russia for the southern Slavs was opened here. By the 20th century, 42 churches operated on the territory of the monastery, including a masterpiece of Russian architecture of the 17th century — the Church of Alexy the Man of God.

In 1926, the monastery was destroyed, and in 1991 work began on its restoration: a parish and sisterhood were created, on the basis of which a monastic community was organized in 2012. In the summer of 2013, the monastery was finally revived as the Alekseevsky Convent.

The Novo-Alekseevsky Monastery was founded in 1358, but during its existence it has changed its “place of residence” several times. Initially, it was located in the center of Moscow, but in the XVII century it moved to the outskirts, to Krasnoye Selo. Various workshops worked in the monastery, and in 1871, the first school in Russia for the southern Slavs was opened here. By the 20th century, 42 churches operated on the territory of the monastery, including a masterpiece of Russian architecture of the 17th century — the Church of Alexy the Man of God.

In 1926, the monastery was destroyed, and in 1991 work began on its restoration: a parish and sisterhood were created, on the basis of which a monastic community was organized in 2012. In the summer of 2013, the monastery was finally revived as the Alekseevsky Convent.

The Novo-Alekseevsky Monastery was founded in 1358, but during its existence it has changed its “place of residence” several times. Initially, it was located in the center of Moscow, but in the XVII century it moved to the outskirts, to Krasnoye Selo. Various workshops worked in the monastery, and in 1871, the first school in Russia for the southern Slavs was opened here. By the 20th century, 42 churches operated on the territory of the monastery, including a masterpiece of Russian architecture of the 17th century — the Church of Alexy the Man of God.

In 1926, the monastery was destroyed, and in 1991 work began on its restoration: a parish and sisterhood were created, on the basis of which a monastic community was organized in 2012. In the summer of 2013, the monastery was finally revived as the Alekseevsky Convent.

Address

Krasnoselsky 2-y pereulok, 3

Timetable

daily 8:00am — 8:00pm

Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/novo-alekseevskij-monastyr/

Map

Сity tours