Place Details

Place Details

Moscow Anglican Church

The Moscow Anglican Church was built in 1884 on the initiative of the British community in Moscow. The design of the building was created by Richard Neil Freeman, a famous English architect, under whose leadership many private houses, schools and libraries were built in England.

Its foundation was laid in 1882, and three years later, the building, which was typical of Victorian Gothic, was consecrated by Bishop Titcombe, who came from London. A few years later, the Anglican Church was supplemented with a two-story house, in which a church priest settled. The building was designed by Russian architect Boris Viktorovich Freidenberg, who worked in such architectural areas as eclecticism and pseudo-Russian style.

The Church of England in Moscow was destined to become not only a place where prayer rituals were held. It was a kind of center of public life for all immigrants from Foggy Albion. During the First World War, a hospital was set up in the church building, where wounded Russian soldiers were treated.

The Moscow Anglican Church was built in 1884 on the initiative of the British community in Moscow. The design of the building was created by Richard Neil Freeman, a famous English architect, under whose leadership many private houses, schools and libraries were built in England.

Its foundation was laid in 1882, and three years later, the building, which was typical of Victorian Gothic, was consecrated by Bishop Titcombe, who came from London. A few years later, the Anglican Church was supplemented with a two-story house, in which a church priest settled. The building was designed by Russian architect Boris Viktorovich Freidenberg, who worked in such architectural areas as eclecticism and pseudo-Russian style.

The Church of England in Moscow was destined to become not only a place where prayer rituals were held. It was a kind of center of public life for all immigrants from Foggy Albion. During the First World War, a hospital was set up in the church building, where wounded Russian soldiers were treated.

The Moscow Anglican Church was built in 1884 on the initiative of the British community in Moscow. The design of the building was created by Richard Neil Freeman, a famous English architect, under whose leadership many private houses, schools and libraries were built in England.

Its foundation was laid in 1882, and three years later, the building, which was typical of Victorian Gothic, was consecrated by Bishop Titcombe, who came from London. A few years later, the Anglican Church was supplemented with a two-story house, in which a church priest settled. The building was designed by Russian architect Boris Viktorovich Freidenberg, who worked in such architectural areas as eclecticism and pseudo-Russian style.

The Church of England in Moscow was destined to become not only a place where prayer rituals were held. It was a kind of center of public life for all immigrants from Foggy Albion. During the First World War, a hospital was set up in the church building, where wounded Russian soldiers were treated.

Address

Voznesensky pereulok, 8

Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/moskovskaya-anglikanskaya-cerkov/

Map

Сity tours