Place Details

Place Details

Gostinny

The history of Moscow's Gostiny Dvor goes back centuries: the first wooden building was located on Ilyinka Street in the 16th century. There was a lively trade here, there were warehouses, and visiting merchants stopped. During the reign of Ivan the Terrible, the wooden Gostiny Dvor was replaced with stone Later, a new building was completed to the old Gostiny Dvor.

At the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries, Italian architect Giacomo Quarenghi created a project according to which a new building of Gostiny Dvor was built. Completed by 1830, it worked in Moscow for about two centuries.

In Soviet times, various organizations were located in the increasingly dilapidated Gostiny Dvor, and a factory was located in the courtyard of the building. The reconstruction of the architectural monument began in the 1990s: during the restoration work, climate control systems were installed in the premises, and the courtyard, where various festivals and celebrations, paved with granite tiles. Today, it is home to shops, restaurants, banks and office space.

The history of Moscow's Gostiny Dvor goes back centuries: the first wooden building was located on Ilyinka Street in the 16th century. There was a lively trade here, there were warehouses, and visiting merchants stopped. During the reign of Ivan the Terrible, the wooden Gostiny Dvor was replaced with stone Later, a new building was completed to the old Gostiny Dvor.

At the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries, Italian architect Giacomo Quarenghi created a project according to which a new building of Gostiny Dvor was built. Completed by 1830, it worked in Moscow for about two centuries.

In Soviet times, various organizations were located in the increasingly dilapidated Gostiny Dvor, and a factory was located in the courtyard of the building. The reconstruction of the architectural monument began in the 1990s: during the restoration work, climate control systems were installed in the premises, and the courtyard, where various festivals and celebrations, paved with granite tiles. Today, it is home to shops, restaurants, banks and office space.

The history of Moscow's Gostiny Dvor goes back centuries: the first wooden building was located on Ilyinka Street in the 16th century. There was a lively trade here, there were warehouses, and visiting merchants stopped. During the reign of Ivan the Terrible, the wooden Gostiny Dvor was replaced with stone Later, a new building was completed to the old Gostiny Dvor.

At the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries, Italian architect Giacomo Quarenghi created a project according to which a new building of Gostiny Dvor was built. Completed by 1830, it worked in Moscow for about two centuries.

In Soviet times, various organizations were located in the increasingly dilapidated Gostiny Dvor, and a factory was located in the courtyard of the building. The reconstruction of the architectural monument began in the 1990s: during the restoration work, climate control systems were installed in the premises, and the courtyard, where various festivals and celebrations, paved with granite tiles. Today, it is home to shops, restaurants, banks and office space.

Address

st. Ilyinka 4

Timetable

daily 9:00am — 9:00pm

Phone

+7 495 888-88-88

Website

http://www.mosgd.ru/

Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/gostinyj-dvor-msk/

Map

Сity tours