Place Details

Place Details

Church of the Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple in Barashi

At the Vvedenskaya Church, the side church of Longin Sotnik was built, who was considered the patron saint of the Moscow royal family. Therefore, special sovereign mansions were built in the neighborhood, and on Longin's Day (October 16), Moscow tsars attended the mass.

Until the middle of the 17th century, the church remained wooden. The modern building in the exquisite Naryshkin Baroque style was built from 1688 to 1701, and in the middle of the 19th century it was renovated according to the project of architect Pavel Matveyevich Kazakov. The carved iconostasis, which was previously covered with blue paint, was gilded.

After the Communists came to power in 1932, the church was closed, its domes were demolished, and the icons were transferred to the Tretyakov Gallery. The building first housed a dormitory of construction workers, and then an electrical products plant. The church returned to the jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church in 1993. The walls of the building were badly damaged by the creation of floor ceilings, so it took a lot of time and effort to restore it. From 1996 to 2010, under the guidance of the head of the church, artist Sergei Shikhachevsky, the interior wall painting was restored. It was created in accordance with the historical traditions of the 15th—17th centuries, using exclusively natural pigments and materials.

The modern Church of the Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple is a unique monument of Orthodox architecture in the Moscow Baroque style. The abundance of decorative elements, relief cornices, elegant turrets and a multi-tiered bell tower make the building expressive and elegant. The original fence and gate of the early 19th century have been preserved around the church.

In 2015, a representative office of the Chisinau-Moldavian Metropolis under the Moscow Patriarch was opened on the territory of the church complex. The church hosts not only divine services, but also cultural events, lectures and discussions on theological topics. Pilgrimage trips are organized for parishioners.

At the Vvedenskaya Church, the side church of Longin Sotnik was built, who was considered the patron saint of the Moscow royal family. Therefore, special sovereign mansions were built in the neighborhood, and on Longin's Day (October 16), Moscow tsars attended the mass.

Until the middle of the 17th century, the church remained wooden. The modern building in the exquisite Naryshkin Baroque style was built from 1688 to 1701, and in the middle of the 19th century it was renovated according to the project of architect Pavel Matveyevich Kazakov. The carved iconostasis, which was previously covered with blue paint, was gilded.

After the Communists came to power in 1932, the church was closed, its domes were demolished, and the icons were transferred to the Tretyakov Gallery. The building first housed a dormitory of construction workers, and then an electrical products plant. The church returned to the jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church in 1993. The walls of the building were badly damaged by the creation of floor ceilings, so it took a lot of time and effort to restore it. From 1996 to 2010, under the guidance of the head of the church, artist Sergei Shikhachevsky, the interior wall painting was restored. It was created in accordance with the historical traditions of the 15th—17th centuries, using exclusively natural pigments and materials.

The modern Church of the Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple is a unique monument of Orthodox architecture in the Moscow Baroque style. The abundance of decorative elements, relief cornices, elegant turrets and a multi-tiered bell tower make the building expressive and elegant. The original fence and gate of the early 19th century have been preserved around the church.

In 2015, a representative office of the Chisinau-Moldavian Metropolis under the Moscow Patriarch was opened on the territory of the church complex. The church hosts not only divine services, but also cultural events, lectures and discussions on theological topics. Pilgrimage trips are organized for parishioners.

At the Vvedenskaya Church, the side church of Longin Sotnik was built, who was considered the patron saint of the Moscow royal family. Therefore, special sovereign mansions were built in the neighborhood, and on Longin's Day (October 16), Moscow tsars attended the mass.

Until the middle of the 17th century, the church remained wooden. The modern building in the exquisite Naryshkin Baroque style was built from 1688 to 1701, and in the middle of the 19th century it was renovated according to the project of architect Pavel Matveyevich Kazakov. The carved iconostasis, which was previously covered with blue paint, was gilded.

After the Communists came to power in 1932, the church was closed, its domes were demolished, and the icons were transferred to the Tretyakov Gallery. The building first housed a dormitory of construction workers, and then an electrical products plant. The church returned to the jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church in 1993. The walls of the building were badly damaged by the creation of floor ceilings, so it took a lot of time and effort to restore it. From 1996 to 2010, under the guidance of the head of the church, artist Sergei Shikhachevsky, the interior wall painting was restored. It was created in accordance with the historical traditions of the 15th—17th centuries, using exclusively natural pigments and materials.

The modern Church of the Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple is a unique monument of Orthodox architecture in the Moscow Baroque style. The abundance of decorative elements, relief cornices, elegant turrets and a multi-tiered bell tower make the building expressive and elegant. The original fence and gate of the early 19th century have been preserved around the church.

In 2015, a representative office of the Chisinau-Moldavian Metropolis under the Moscow Patriarch was opened on the territory of the church complex. The church hosts not only divine services, but also cultural events, lectures and discussions on theological topics. Pilgrimage trips are organized for parishioners.

Address

per. Barashevsky 8/2, bldg. 4

Timetable

daily 10:00am — 7:00pm

Phone

+7 495 917-78-14

Website

http://www.vvedenievbarashah.ru/

Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/cerkov-vvedeniya-barashi/

Map

Сity tours