Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery

According to legend, **Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery** was founded in the 14th century by Metropolitan Peter of Kiev and All Russia, who transferred his throne from Kiev to the young and inconspicuous city of Moscow at that time. The monastery is male, among its ktitors were such prominent statesmen as Prince Dmitry Donskoy, Tsar Alexey Romanov, Emperor Pyotr Alekseevich.

The monastery is made in the style of the “Naryshkin Baroque” and has been well preserved despite the past centuries. The oldest church in the monastery is St. Peter's Cathedral, built in the 16th century by Aleviz Fryazin, architect [of the Archangel Cathedral] (https://kudago.com/msk/place/arhangelskij-sobor/) of the Kremlin. In 1684, the tsar signed a decree on the beginning of construction of a church in honor of the Bogolyubskaya Icon of the Virgin. The monastery became the burial vault of the Naryshkins, relatives of Peter the Great. In 1690-1693, the Church of St. Sergius of Radonezh was built between the Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery and the Naryshkin Estate. The main shrine of the church is the icon of St. Peter of Moscow.

The war of 1812 caused great damage to the temple. The monastery was desecrated by French cavalrymen and almost completely looted. Almost all property was damaged, except for the most valuable relics, which were taken out in advance. Suspects of arson in Moscow were shot near the walls of the monastery, and inside, in addition to the residence of Marshal Mortier, there was a slaughterhouse. Despite this, services were held in the church, and so many people came here that it was impossible to accommodate everyone.

In 1918, with the advent of Soviet power, the monastery practically ceased its activities, but since 1923, a large underground monastic community was born on its territory, led by Bishop Bartholomew became. The community existed for several years, and in 1929, with the closure of the Bogolyubovsky Church, its activities were also terminated. Divine services at the Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery were resumed only six decades later, in 1992, and a few years later, monastic life was revived on the territory of the monastery.

According to legend, **Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery** was founded in the 14th century by Metropolitan Peter of Kiev and All Russia, who transferred his throne from Kiev to the young and inconspicuous city of Moscow at that time. The monastery is male, among its ktitors were such prominent statesmen as Prince Dmitry Donskoy, Tsar Alexey Romanov, Emperor Pyotr Alekseevich.

The monastery is made in the style of the “Naryshkin Baroque” and has been well preserved despite the past centuries. The oldest church in the monastery is St. Peter's Cathedral, built in the 16th century by Aleviz Fryazin, architect [of the Archangel Cathedral] (https://kudago.com/msk/place/arhangelskij-sobor/) of the Kremlin. In 1684, the tsar signed a decree on the beginning of construction of a church in honor of the Bogolyubskaya Icon of the Virgin. The monastery became the burial vault of the Naryshkins, relatives of Peter the Great. In 1690-1693, the Church of St. Sergius of Radonezh was built between the Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery and the Naryshkin Estate. The main shrine of the church is the icon of St. Peter of Moscow.

The war of 1812 caused great damage to the temple. The monastery was desecrated by French cavalrymen and almost completely looted. Almost all property was damaged, except for the most valuable relics, which were taken out in advance. Suspects of arson in Moscow were shot near the walls of the monastery, and inside, in addition to the residence of Marshal Mortier, there was a slaughterhouse. Despite this, services were held in the church, and so many people came here that it was impossible to accommodate everyone.

In 1918, with the advent of Soviet power, the monastery practically ceased its activities, but since 1923, a large underground monastic community was born on its territory, led by Bishop Bartholomew became. The community existed for several years, and in 1929, with the closure of the Bogolyubovsky Church, its activities were also terminated. Divine services at the Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery were resumed only six decades later, in 1992, and a few years later, monastic life was revived on the territory of the monastery.

According to legend, **Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery** was founded in the 14th century by Metropolitan Peter of Kiev and All Russia, who transferred his throne from Kiev to the young and inconspicuous city of Moscow at that time. The monastery is male, among its ktitors were such prominent statesmen as Prince Dmitry Donskoy, Tsar Alexey Romanov, Emperor Pyotr Alekseevich.

The monastery is made in the style of the “Naryshkin Baroque” and has been well preserved despite the past centuries. The oldest church in the monastery is St. Peter's Cathedral, built in the 16th century by Aleviz Fryazin, architect [of the Archangel Cathedral] (https://kudago.com/msk/place/arhangelskij-sobor/) of the Kremlin. In 1684, the tsar signed a decree on the beginning of construction of a church in honor of the Bogolyubskaya Icon of the Virgin. The monastery became the burial vault of the Naryshkins, relatives of Peter the Great. In 1690-1693, the Church of St. Sergius of Radonezh was built between the Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery and the Naryshkin Estate. The main shrine of the church is the icon of St. Peter of Moscow.

The war of 1812 caused great damage to the temple. The monastery was desecrated by French cavalrymen and almost completely looted. Almost all property was damaged, except for the most valuable relics, which were taken out in advance. Suspects of arson in Moscow were shot near the walls of the monastery, and inside, in addition to the residence of Marshal Mortier, there was a slaughterhouse. Despite this, services were held in the church, and so many people came here that it was impossible to accommodate everyone.

In 1918, with the advent of Soviet power, the monastery practically ceased its activities, but since 1923, a large underground monastic community was born on its territory, led by Bishop Bartholomew became. The community existed for several years, and in 1929, with the closure of the Bogolyubovsky Church, its activities were also terminated. Divine services at the Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery were resumed only six decades later, in 1992, and a few years later, monastic life was revived on the territory of the monastery.

Adresse

st. Petrovka, 28/2

Téléphone

+7 985 075-01-25

Site web

https://vpmon.ru/

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/vysoko-petrovskij-monastyr/

Carte

Visites de la ville