Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

malt shop at Simonov Monastery

Simonov Assumption Monastery was founded back in 1370 by Fedor Simonovsky, a disciple of St. Sergius of Radonezh, Bishop of the Russian Church. This religious community has repeatedly played an important role in key historical events, taking the blows of foreign invaders. Twice during its existence, the monastery was abolished: for the first time under Catherine II, and the second time after the establishment of Soviet power. In 1930, many of its structures were destroyed, and the ZIL Palace of Culture was erected on the territory. Currently, the monastery is undergoing reconstruction, and some ancient buildings will be restored.

Solodezhnya (or “dried”) is one of the few surviving buildings of the Simonov Monastery. This economic extension received its second name due to the fact that grain and malt were dried here, as well as food reserves were stored. It is assumed that the malt house was built by architect Parfyon Potapov (according to other sources, Petrov), who also worked on the refectory. Some documents indicate that the building was previously surrounded by a gallery on poles. On the ground floor of the malt house there are two identical rooms, and on the second and third there are spacious halls.

Simonov Assumption Monastery was founded back in 1370 by Fedor Simonovsky, a disciple of St. Sergius of Radonezh, Bishop of the Russian Church. This religious community has repeatedly played an important role in key historical events, taking the blows of foreign invaders. Twice during its existence, the monastery was abolished: for the first time under Catherine II, and the second time after the establishment of Soviet power. In 1930, many of its structures were destroyed, and the ZIL Palace of Culture was erected on the territory. Currently, the monastery is undergoing reconstruction, and some ancient buildings will be restored.

Solodezhnya (or “dried”) is one of the few surviving buildings of the Simonov Monastery. This economic extension received its second name due to the fact that grain and malt were dried here, as well as food reserves were stored. It is assumed that the malt house was built by architect Parfyon Potapov (according to other sources, Petrov), who also worked on the refectory. Some documents indicate that the building was previously surrounded by a gallery on poles. On the ground floor of the malt house there are two identical rooms, and on the second and third there are spacious halls.

Simonov Assumption Monastery was founded back in 1370 by Fedor Simonovsky, a disciple of St. Sergius of Radonezh, Bishop of the Russian Church. This religious community has repeatedly played an important role in key historical events, taking the blows of foreign invaders. Twice during its existence, the monastery was abolished: for the first time under Catherine II, and the second time after the establishment of Soviet power. In 1930, many of its structures were destroyed, and the ZIL Palace of Culture was erected on the territory. Currently, the monastery is undergoing reconstruction, and some ancient buildings will be restored.

Solodezhnya (or “dried”) is one of the few surviving buildings of the Simonov Monastery. This economic extension received its second name due to the fact that grain and malt were dried here, as well as food reserves were stored. It is assumed that the malt house was built by architect Parfyon Potapov (according to other sources, Petrov), who also worked on the refectory. Some documents indicate that the building was previously surrounded by a gallery on poles. On the ground floor of the malt house there are two identical rooms, and on the second and third there are spacious halls.

Adresse

st. Vostochnaya 4

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/solodezhnya-v-simonovom-monastyre/

Carte

Visites de la ville