Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Bakhrushins' orphanage

The Bakhrushin brothers were cloth and leather industrialists. They were also benefactors, whose money was used to maintain an orphanage for boys. They opened and consecrated it in 1901. The architect was Karl Gippius. The ensemble consisted of 6 houses, where, in fact, the boys lived, and there were other buildings here: a hospital, a refectory room, a temple and a staff building. There were also specially equipped workshops where they studied electromechanics and plumbing. From 1895 to 1916, the brothers spent about a million rubles on their shelter, and then gave the brainchild to the care of the authorities of Moscow.

The orphanage was a family home. Families of 12 people lived here, began the day with prayer, after which they studied sciences and crafts. The main task was to ensure that young men could earn a living, get a profession, and go out as electromechanics and locksmiths.

But the revolution broke out, and since 1917 there was an orphanage here, children from Spain lived here. Then the house housed a publishing house, which was declared bankrupt in 2006. Since then, the shelter has been slowly withering away and crumbling.

The Bakhrushin brothers were cloth and leather industrialists. They were also benefactors, whose money was used to maintain an orphanage for boys. They opened and consecrated it in 1901. The architect was Karl Gippius. The ensemble consisted of 6 houses, where, in fact, the boys lived, and there were other buildings here: a hospital, a refectory room, a temple and a staff building. There were also specially equipped workshops where they studied electromechanics and plumbing. From 1895 to 1916, the brothers spent about a million rubles on their shelter, and then gave the brainchild to the care of the authorities of Moscow.

The orphanage was a family home. Families of 12 people lived here, began the day with prayer, after which they studied sciences and crafts. The main task was to ensure that young men could earn a living, get a profession, and go out as electromechanics and locksmiths.

But the revolution broke out, and since 1917 there was an orphanage here, children from Spain lived here. Then the house housed a publishing house, which was declared bankrupt in 2006. Since then, the shelter has been slowly withering away and crumbling.

The Bakhrushin brothers were cloth and leather industrialists. They were also benefactors, whose money was used to maintain an orphanage for boys. They opened and consecrated it in 1901. The architect was Karl Gippius. The ensemble consisted of 6 houses, where, in fact, the boys lived, and there were other buildings here: a hospital, a refectory room, a temple and a staff building. There were also specially equipped workshops where they studied electromechanics and plumbing. From 1895 to 1916, the brothers spent about a million rubles on their shelter, and then gave the brainchild to the care of the authorities of Moscow.

The orphanage was a family home. Families of 12 people lived here, began the day with prayer, after which they studied sciences and crafts. The main task was to ensure that young men could earn a living, get a profession, and go out as electromechanics and locksmiths.

But the revolution broke out, and since 1917 there was an orphanage here, children from Spain lived here. Then the house housed a publishing house, which was declared bankrupt in 2006. Since then, the shelter has been slowly withering away and crumbling.

Adresse

2, 1st Rizhsky Pereulok

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/sirotskij-priyut-bahrushinyh/

Carte

Visites de la ville