Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Baron Knop's mansion

Jagged walls, turrets, elongated narrow windows — everything in this house speaks of belonging to the Gothic style. In addition to the mansion, the manor complex includes a house power station and a gatehouse — everything, including the fence, has the same decor and architectural elements.

The mansion resembles an English manor house. A jagged turret rises above the building, and the facade is dotted with figured finishes. Shields with baronial coats of arms can also be seen on the facade. The interior is also designed in the style of English Gothic — tapestries, collectible weapons.

The owner of the estate was Andreas Knop, the son of Ludwig Knop, the most famous German businessman in the capital. He inherited half of his father's inheritance, the other part went to his brother Theodore. Andreas also inherited the land on which the estate is located from his father.

Today, the building is also known for the fact that Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya went to the front from here. The fact is that in the last pre-war decade, the estate was occupied by the Komsomol Committee. In 1941, applications from those who were ready to go to the front voluntarily began to be accepted here.

In the 1990s, the mansion was restored, and now it houses offices of various commercial companies.

Jagged walls, turrets, elongated narrow windows — everything in this house speaks of belonging to the Gothic style. In addition to the mansion, the manor complex includes a house power station and a gatehouse — everything, including the fence, has the same decor and architectural elements.

The mansion resembles an English manor house. A jagged turret rises above the building, and the facade is dotted with figured finishes. Shields with baronial coats of arms can also be seen on the facade. The interior is also designed in the style of English Gothic — tapestries, collectible weapons.

The owner of the estate was Andreas Knop, the son of Ludwig Knop, the most famous German businessman in the capital. He inherited half of his father's inheritance, the other part went to his brother Theodore. Andreas also inherited the land on which the estate is located from his father.

Today, the building is also known for the fact that Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya went to the front from here. The fact is that in the last pre-war decade, the estate was occupied by the Komsomol Committee. In 1941, applications from those who were ready to go to the front voluntarily began to be accepted here.

In the 1990s, the mansion was restored, and now it houses offices of various commercial companies.

Jagged walls, turrets, elongated narrow windows — everything in this house speaks of belonging to the Gothic style. In addition to the mansion, the manor complex includes a house power station and a gatehouse — everything, including the fence, has the same decor and architectural elements.

The mansion resembles an English manor house. A jagged turret rises above the building, and the facade is dotted with figured finishes. Shields with baronial coats of arms can also be seen on the facade. The interior is also designed in the style of English Gothic — tapestries, collectible weapons.

The owner of the estate was Andreas Knop, the son of Ludwig Knop, the most famous German businessman in the capital. He inherited half of his father's inheritance, the other part went to his brother Theodore. Andreas also inherited the land on which the estate is located from his father.

Today, the building is also known for the fact that Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya went to the front from here. The fact is that in the last pre-war decade, the estate was occupied by the Komsomol Committee. In 1941, applications from those who were ready to go to the front voluntarily began to be accepted here.

In the 1990s, the mansion was restored, and now it houses offices of various commercial companies.

Adresse

per. Kolpachny, 5, bldg. 2

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/osobnyak-barona-l-knopa/

Carte

Visites de la ville