Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Kutafya tower of the Moscow Kremlin

According to some sources, the tower of architect Aleviz Fryazin, built in 1516, was initially twice its current size. Kutafya's funny nickname was formed due to its somewhat disharmonious structure. Initially, it was believed that “kutafya” meant “awkward”. Scientists quickly rejected this hypothesis, linking the name of the tower with the word “kut” — corner. The tower is also called Predmostnaya, Otvodnaya and Borisoglebskaya.

In the 17th century, the tower was supplemented with a white crown, and two centuries later the building was changed again: side arches and a guardhouse were added. Thus, two combat tiers, hinged loopholes, drawbridges over the ditch were formed.

After the revolution, the tower had to be restored, as it was noticeably damaged during the shelling of the Kremlin by the Bolsheviks. But enemy bombs practically did not touch the structure during the Great Patriotic War. The Kutafya Tower, which we know today, acquired its appearance in the late 80s of the last century — during the restoration, the building was restored to its original appearance. Unfortunately, the original historical bricks in the tower have not been preserved.

Today, there is a storage room on the first floor of the extension to the tower, and the glass pavilion of the second floor houses ticket offices and the entrance to the Kremlin.

According to some sources, the tower of architect Aleviz Fryazin, built in 1516, was initially twice its current size. Kutafya's funny nickname was formed due to its somewhat disharmonious structure. Initially, it was believed that “kutafya” meant “awkward”. Scientists quickly rejected this hypothesis, linking the name of the tower with the word “kut” — corner. The tower is also called Predmostnaya, Otvodnaya and Borisoglebskaya.

In the 17th century, the tower was supplemented with a white crown, and two centuries later the building was changed again: side arches and a guardhouse were added. Thus, two combat tiers, hinged loopholes, drawbridges over the ditch were formed.

After the revolution, the tower had to be restored, as it was noticeably damaged during the shelling of the Kremlin by the Bolsheviks. But enemy bombs practically did not touch the structure during the Great Patriotic War. The Kutafya Tower, which we know today, acquired its appearance in the late 80s of the last century — during the restoration, the building was restored to its original appearance. Unfortunately, the original historical bricks in the tower have not been preserved.

Today, there is a storage room on the first floor of the extension to the tower, and the glass pavilion of the second floor houses ticket offices and the entrance to the Kremlin.

According to some sources, the tower of architect Aleviz Fryazin, built in 1516, was initially twice its current size. Kutafya's funny nickname was formed due to its somewhat disharmonious structure. Initially, it was believed that “kutafya” meant “awkward”. Scientists quickly rejected this hypothesis, linking the name of the tower with the word “kut” — corner. The tower is also called Predmostnaya, Otvodnaya and Borisoglebskaya.

In the 17th century, the tower was supplemented with a white crown, and two centuries later the building was changed again: side arches and a guardhouse were added. Thus, two combat tiers, hinged loopholes, drawbridges over the ditch were formed.

After the revolution, the tower had to be restored, as it was noticeably damaged during the shelling of the Kremlin by the Bolsheviks. But enemy bombs practically did not touch the structure during the Great Patriotic War. The Kutafya Tower, which we know today, acquired its appearance in the late 80s of the last century — during the restoration, the building was restored to its original appearance. Unfortunately, the original historical bricks in the tower have not been preserved.

Today, there is a storage room on the first floor of the extension to the tower, and the glass pavilion of the second floor houses ticket offices and the entrance to the Kremlin.

Adresse

st. 1/13 Vozdvizhenka Str.

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/kutafya/

Carte

Visites de la ville