Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Church of the Great Martyr George the Victorious in Endovo

There used to be a wooden church on this place. It stood here in the 16th century, and a little later, in 1588, a stone church was laid. The history of the word “endow” in the name of the temple is interesting. Its location was near the crossing over the Moscow River to Ordynka and the Serpukhov Gate. And “valleys” or “yandovs” are drainage ditches that were filled with water during the flood.

During the Time of Troubles, the temple was inherited, but a little later it was restored. The current building dates back to 1653 and may have been built on the remains of old walls. The main throne is dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin, the lower and northern side-chapels are dedicated to Georgievsky and Nikolsky.

In 1680, part of the building was rebuilt. A new bell tower was erected, and the refectory became larger. This continued until the flood of 1729, which washed away the ground and contributed to the destruction of the foundation — the building had to be rebuilt again. The flood of 1786 destroyed the hipped bell tower. In 1812, the temple fell victim to fire: it severely damaged it.

During the First World War, an infirmary was located here, and during the Soviet era, the church was closed until 1935, after which the building housed a variety of organizations. In 1960, the refectory returned to the 17th-century appearance. And already in 1993, the first service was held here.

There used to be a wooden church on this place. It stood here in the 16th century, and a little later, in 1588, a stone church was laid. The history of the word “endow” in the name of the temple is interesting. Its location was near the crossing over the Moscow River to Ordynka and the Serpukhov Gate. And “valleys” or “yandovs” are drainage ditches that were filled with water during the flood.

During the Time of Troubles, the temple was inherited, but a little later it was restored. The current building dates back to 1653 and may have been built on the remains of old walls. The main throne is dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin, the lower and northern side-chapels are dedicated to Georgievsky and Nikolsky.

In 1680, part of the building was rebuilt. A new bell tower was erected, and the refectory became larger. This continued until the flood of 1729, which washed away the ground and contributed to the destruction of the foundation — the building had to be rebuilt again. The flood of 1786 destroyed the hipped bell tower. In 1812, the temple fell victim to fire: it severely damaged it.

During the First World War, an infirmary was located here, and during the Soviet era, the church was closed until 1935, after which the building housed a variety of organizations. In 1960, the refectory returned to the 17th-century appearance. And already in 1993, the first service was held here.

There used to be a wooden church on this place. It stood here in the 16th century, and a little later, in 1588, a stone church was laid. The history of the word “endow” in the name of the temple is interesting. Its location was near the crossing over the Moscow River to Ordynka and the Serpukhov Gate. And “valleys” or “yandovs” are drainage ditches that were filled with water during the flood.

During the Time of Troubles, the temple was inherited, but a little later it was restored. The current building dates back to 1653 and may have been built on the remains of old walls. The main throne is dedicated to the Nativity of the Virgin, the lower and northern side-chapels are dedicated to Georgievsky and Nikolsky.

In 1680, part of the building was rebuilt. A new bell tower was erected, and the refectory became larger. This continued until the flood of 1729, which washed away the ground and contributed to the destruction of the foundation — the building had to be rebuilt again. The flood of 1786 destroyed the hipped bell tower. In 1812, the temple fell victim to fire: it severely damaged it.

During the First World War, an infirmary was located here, and during the Soviet era, the church was closed until 1935, after which the building housed a variety of organizations. In 1960, the refectory returned to the 17th-century appearance. And already in 1993, the first service was held here.

Adresse

st. Sadovnicheskaya, 6

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/hram-georgiya-pobedonosca-v-endove/

Carte

Visites de la ville