Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Friendship of Peoples Fountain at VDNH

During the design of [VDNH] (https://kudago.com/msk/place/vvc/), it was decided to give the place next to the Main Pavilion for a fountain, which architects Konstantin Topuridze and Grigory Konstantinovsky. A group of sculptors worked on the composition of the fountain, and the mosaic was created at the USSR Academy of Arts. The construction was completed in 1954, for the opening of VDNH. Interestingly, at first it was listed as the “Main Fountain”, then it was planned to call it “The Golden Sheaf”, and then the name was changed, but whose idea it was is is unknown. Since then, Muscovites and tourists have called it the fountain of friendship of peoples at VDNH.

The composition is an oval-shaped bowl, which is placed in an octagonal pool. The bowl is crowned with a large gold-cast sheaf of wheat with a height of more than seven meters, and sunflowers and industrial hemp are woven into it. A sheaf of 16 four-meter gilded statues surrounds: female figures symbolize the number of republics of the Soviet Union at that time, and various details in their appearance reflect this. The sculptures stand in the same order as the republics on the coat of arms of the USSR.

In the 2000s, it became clear that the fountain was very worn out, some experts considered its condition to be pre-emergency. For several years, repairs were carried out, which could not significantly improve the functioning of the structure. By the end of 2018, the Friendship of Peoples fountain was closed for reconstruction, during which the hydraulic system was updated, the frames were strengthened and sculptures were restored. In April 2019, the fountain was inaugurated again.

Today, the fountain has 784 jets that hit up to 20 meters up to 20 meters. During the restoration, LED lamps of different colors were also added to the bowl.

During the design of [VDNH] (https://kudago.com/msk/place/vvc/), it was decided to give the place next to the Main Pavilion for a fountain, which architects Konstantin Topuridze and Grigory Konstantinovsky. A group of sculptors worked on the composition of the fountain, and the mosaic was created at the USSR Academy of Arts. The construction was completed in 1954, for the opening of VDNH. Interestingly, at first it was listed as the “Main Fountain”, then it was planned to call it “The Golden Sheaf”, and then the name was changed, but whose idea it was is is unknown. Since then, Muscovites and tourists have called it the fountain of friendship of peoples at VDNH.

The composition is an oval-shaped bowl, which is placed in an octagonal pool. The bowl is crowned with a large gold-cast sheaf of wheat with a height of more than seven meters, and sunflowers and industrial hemp are woven into it. A sheaf of 16 four-meter gilded statues surrounds: female figures symbolize the number of republics of the Soviet Union at that time, and various details in their appearance reflect this. The sculptures stand in the same order as the republics on the coat of arms of the USSR.

In the 2000s, it became clear that the fountain was very worn out, some experts considered its condition to be pre-emergency. For several years, repairs were carried out, which could not significantly improve the functioning of the structure. By the end of 2018, the Friendship of Peoples fountain was closed for reconstruction, during which the hydraulic system was updated, the frames were strengthened and sculptures were restored. In April 2019, the fountain was inaugurated again.

Today, the fountain has 784 jets that hit up to 20 meters up to 20 meters. During the restoration, LED lamps of different colors were also added to the bowl.

During the design of [VDNH] (https://kudago.com/msk/place/vvc/), it was decided to give the place next to the Main Pavilion for a fountain, which architects Konstantin Topuridze and Grigory Konstantinovsky. A group of sculptors worked on the composition of the fountain, and the mosaic was created at the USSR Academy of Arts. The construction was completed in 1954, for the opening of VDNH. Interestingly, at first it was listed as the “Main Fountain”, then it was planned to call it “The Golden Sheaf”, and then the name was changed, but whose idea it was is is unknown. Since then, Muscovites and tourists have called it the fountain of friendship of peoples at VDNH.

The composition is an oval-shaped bowl, which is placed in an octagonal pool. The bowl is crowned with a large gold-cast sheaf of wheat with a height of more than seven meters, and sunflowers and industrial hemp are woven into it. A sheaf of 16 four-meter gilded statues surrounds: female figures symbolize the number of republics of the Soviet Union at that time, and various details in their appearance reflect this. The sculptures stand in the same order as the republics on the coat of arms of the USSR.

In the 2000s, it became clear that the fountain was very worn out, some experts considered its condition to be pre-emergency. For several years, repairs were carried out, which could not significantly improve the functioning of the structure. By the end of 2018, the Friendship of Peoples fountain was closed for reconstruction, during which the hydraulic system was updated, the frames were strengthened and sculptures were restored. In April 2019, the fountain was inaugurated again.

Today, the fountain has 784 jets that hit up to 20 meters up to 20 meters. During the restoration, LED lamps of different colors were also added to the bowl.

Adresse

prosp. Mira, 119

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/dostoprimechatelnost-fontan-druzhba-narodov/

Carte

Acheter des billets d'avion

Visites de la ville