Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Suvorov's house

Suvorov began his army career in 1754, and as a military man, he lived more often where hostilities took place. In 1762, already a colonel, Suvorov commanded the Astrakhan regiment, which was on guard in St. Petersburg during the coronation of Catherine II. For her good service, the Tsarina accepted Vasily Ivanovich and presented him with a portrait as a token of gratitude. It was at that time that Suvorov had plans to buy a house in Moscow and be closer to Mother Tsarina. So Vasily Ivanovich Suvorov bought the house from the Rzhevsky princes approximately in 1766-1768. The building was built on a plot that belonged to this eminent noble family at the beginning of the 18th century. However, the great commander almost did not live there: since 1765 he commanded the Suzdal regiment in Krasnoye Selo, then spent three years on campaigns to Poland, and then there was a business trip to Finland and Russian-Turkish the war of 1768-1774.

In 1776, the right to own the estate passed to the son of the commander, Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov-Rymniksky, who also visited the house only by raids, did not carry out buildings and reconstructions and soon handed over the estate to his wife. So she just got down to business like a master: she built several service rear and a stable. After the fire of 1812, the building changed hands. In 1873, the house was thoroughly rebuilt. Nowadays, only a fence, several wings and a bas-relief “Alexander Suvorov Lived Here” have remained of the true Suvorov house.

Suvorov began his army career in 1754, and as a military man, he lived more often where hostilities took place. In 1762, already a colonel, Suvorov commanded the Astrakhan regiment, which was on guard in St. Petersburg during the coronation of Catherine II. For her good service, the Tsarina accepted Vasily Ivanovich and presented him with a portrait as a token of gratitude. It was at that time that Suvorov had plans to buy a house in Moscow and be closer to Mother Tsarina. So Vasily Ivanovich Suvorov bought the house from the Rzhevsky princes approximately in 1766-1768. The building was built on a plot that belonged to this eminent noble family at the beginning of the 18th century. However, the great commander almost did not live there: since 1765 he commanded the Suzdal regiment in Krasnoye Selo, then spent three years on campaigns to Poland, and then there was a business trip to Finland and Russian-Turkish the war of 1768-1774.

In 1776, the right to own the estate passed to the son of the commander, Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov-Rymniksky, who also visited the house only by raids, did not carry out buildings and reconstructions and soon handed over the estate to his wife. So she just got down to business like a master: she built several service rear and a stable. After the fire of 1812, the building changed hands. In 1873, the house was thoroughly rebuilt. Nowadays, only a fence, several wings and a bas-relief “Alexander Suvorov Lived Here” have remained of the true Suvorov house.

Suvorov began his army career in 1754, and as a military man, he lived more often where hostilities took place. In 1762, already a colonel, Suvorov commanded the Astrakhan regiment, which was on guard in St. Petersburg during the coronation of Catherine II. For her good service, the Tsarina accepted Vasily Ivanovich and presented him with a portrait as a token of gratitude. It was at that time that Suvorov had plans to buy a house in Moscow and be closer to Mother Tsarina. So Vasily Ivanovich Suvorov bought the house from the Rzhevsky princes approximately in 1766-1768. The building was built on a plot that belonged to this eminent noble family at the beginning of the 18th century. However, the great commander almost did not live there: since 1765 he commanded the Suzdal regiment in Krasnoye Selo, then spent three years on campaigns to Poland, and then there was a business trip to Finland and Russian-Turkish the war of 1768-1774.

In 1776, the right to own the estate passed to the son of the commander, Alexander Vasilyevich Suvorov-Rymniksky, who also visited the house only by raids, did not carry out buildings and reconstructions and soon handed over the estate to his wife. So she just got down to business like a master: she built several service rear and a stable. After the fire of 1812, the building changed hands. In 1873, the house was thoroughly rebuilt. Nowadays, only a fence, several wings and a bas-relief “Alexander Suvorov Lived Here” have remained of the true Suvorov house.

Adresse

st. Bolshaya Nikitskaya 42

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/dom-suvorova-v/

Carte

Acheter des billets d'avion

Visites de la ville