Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Trinity Church in Nikitniki

The Church of the Holy Life-Giving Trinity in Nikitniki was created by merchants from Yaroslavl in Kitay-Gorod. The wooden church, which was dedicated to martyr Nikita, has been here since the 16th century. It existed until 1620: as in the case of many wooden houses, the building burned down, and a merchant from Yaroslavl, who lived nearby, built a new building — this time it was made of stone. But no one knows the exact date — whether it was 1631, 1634 or 1653.

The southern part of the church was dedicated to Nikita the Martyr, and it was here that the icon from the destroyed church was placed. The church contained a copy of the Georgian Icon of the Mother of God dedicated to the deliverance of the city from the pestilence That is why the temple had another name: the Church of Our Lady of Georgia. It has been preserved, and a little later it was reflected in the name of the neighboring street — Gruzinskaya. In 1920, the temple, like many churches that fell into the crucible of the revolution, was closed. In 1934, the building was transferred to the State Historical Museum, and there were two museums here: the first was dedicated to Simon Ushakov, and the second was dedicated to Old Russian painting. Then the museums were closed, and in 1991 the church was returned to Orthodox believers.

The Church of the Holy Life-Giving Trinity in Nikitniki was created by merchants from Yaroslavl in Kitay-Gorod. The wooden church, which was dedicated to martyr Nikita, has been here since the 16th century. It existed until 1620: as in the case of many wooden houses, the building burned down, and a merchant from Yaroslavl, who lived nearby, built a new building — this time it was made of stone. But no one knows the exact date — whether it was 1631, 1634 or 1653.

The southern part of the church was dedicated to Nikita the Martyr, and it was here that the icon from the destroyed church was placed. The church contained a copy of the Georgian Icon of the Mother of God dedicated to the deliverance of the city from the pestilence That is why the temple had another name: the Church of Our Lady of Georgia. It has been preserved, and a little later it was reflected in the name of the neighboring street — Gruzinskaya. In 1920, the temple, like many churches that fell into the crucible of the revolution, was closed. In 1934, the building was transferred to the State Historical Museum, and there were two museums here: the first was dedicated to Simon Ushakov, and the second was dedicated to Old Russian painting. Then the museums were closed, and in 1991 the church was returned to Orthodox believers.

The Church of the Holy Life-Giving Trinity in Nikitniki was created by merchants from Yaroslavl in Kitay-Gorod. The wooden church, which was dedicated to martyr Nikita, has been here since the 16th century. It existed until 1620: as in the case of many wooden houses, the building burned down, and a merchant from Yaroslavl, who lived nearby, built a new building — this time it was made of stone. But no one knows the exact date — whether it was 1631, 1634 or 1653.

The southern part of the church was dedicated to Nikita the Martyr, and it was here that the icon from the destroyed church was placed. The church contained a copy of the Georgian Icon of the Mother of God dedicated to the deliverance of the city from the pestilence That is why the temple had another name: the Church of Our Lady of Georgia. It has been preserved, and a little later it was reflected in the name of the neighboring street — Gruzinskaya. In 1920, the temple, like many churches that fell into the crucible of the revolution, was closed. In 1934, the building was transferred to the State Historical Museum, and there were two museums here: the first was dedicated to Simon Ushakov, and the second was dedicated to Old Russian painting. Then the museums were closed, and in 1991 the church was returned to Orthodox believers.

Adresse

per. Nikitnikov 3

Emploi du temps

Mon, Fri 11:00 — 15:00, Sat 17:00 — 20:00, Sun 8:00 — 13:00

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/cerkov-troicy-v-nikitinkah/

Carte

Acheter des billets d'avion

Visites de la ville