Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Church of the Nativity of the Virgin on the Seni

The construction of this church dates back to 1393-1394, when instead of the destroyed ancient wooden church of the Resurrection of Lazarus the Righteous, the Kremlin decided to lay the foundation for a new church. It appeared thanks to its founder Princess Evdokiye. The consecration of the new church was timed to coincide with the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary At the same time, the Battle of Kulikovo took place, so it is highly likely that the construction of the temple was initiated in honor of this event.

Thanks to the famous Theophan the Greek and Daniel Cherny with his disciples, the temple was decorated with rich paintings. For a long time, the church had the status of the house church of grand duchesses. After the fire of 1479, the top of the church had to be restored, and in 1514 Aleviz Fryazin rebuilt it along with a number of other buildings in the Kremlin. Then it was completely rebuilt again, in the 1680s. It was also restored twice in the last century, and now you can see the surviving four-hapsid ancient building along with later elements of the temple.

The construction of this church dates back to 1393-1394, when instead of the destroyed ancient wooden church of the Resurrection of Lazarus the Righteous, the Kremlin decided to lay the foundation for a new church. It appeared thanks to its founder Princess Evdokiye. The consecration of the new church was timed to coincide with the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary At the same time, the Battle of Kulikovo took place, so it is highly likely that the construction of the temple was initiated in honor of this event.

Thanks to the famous Theophan the Greek and Daniel Cherny with his disciples, the temple was decorated with rich paintings. For a long time, the church had the status of the house church of grand duchesses. After the fire of 1479, the top of the church had to be restored, and in 1514 Aleviz Fryazin rebuilt it along with a number of other buildings in the Kremlin. Then it was completely rebuilt again, in the 1680s. It was also restored twice in the last century, and now you can see the surviving four-hapsid ancient building along with later elements of the temple.

The construction of this church dates back to 1393-1394, when instead of the destroyed ancient wooden church of the Resurrection of Lazarus the Righteous, the Kremlin decided to lay the foundation for a new church. It appeared thanks to its founder Princess Evdokiye. The consecration of the new church was timed to coincide with the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary At the same time, the Battle of Kulikovo took place, so it is highly likely that the construction of the temple was initiated in honor of this event.

Thanks to the famous Theophan the Greek and Daniel Cherny with his disciples, the temple was decorated with rich paintings. For a long time, the church had the status of the house church of grand duchesses. After the fire of 1479, the top of the church had to be restored, and in 1514 Aleviz Fryazin rebuilt it along with a number of other buildings in the Kremlin. Then it was completely rebuilt again, in the 1680s. It was also restored twice in the last century, and now you can see the surviving four-hapsid ancient building along with later elements of the temple.

Adresse

The Kremlin, st. Dvortsovaya

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/cerkov-rozhdestva-bogorodicy-na-senyah/

Carte

Acheter des billets d'avion

Visites de la ville