Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Epiphany Cathedral

There is an opinion that in ancient times the Epiphany Cathedral was called an ordinary village church. Judging by the surviving historical documents, the wooden building of the cathedral existed already in 1687, and in the period from 1712 to 1731, thanks to funds donated by the parishioner Voronezh and the Tsarevna Praskovya Ivanovna, a stone building was built.

After serving for about a century, the Epiphany Cathedral was again rebuilt according to the project of the famous Russian architect Evgraf Dmitrievich Tyurin. The building was made in the form of a five-domed church in the architectural style of the late Empire style and was re-consecrated in the fall of 1853.

With the advent of Soviet power, the church continued to function for the first 30 years, but everything changed in 1935, when the district council decided to place the largest by then standards in the shrine building cinema. Fortunately, this decision was not implemented and the Epiphany Cathedral, despite huge pressure from Soviet atheists, continued to exist.

There is an opinion that in ancient times the Epiphany Cathedral was called an ordinary village church. Judging by the surviving historical documents, the wooden building of the cathedral existed already in 1687, and in the period from 1712 to 1731, thanks to funds donated by the parishioner Voronezh and the Tsarevna Praskovya Ivanovna, a stone building was built.

After serving for about a century, the Epiphany Cathedral was again rebuilt according to the project of the famous Russian architect Evgraf Dmitrievich Tyurin. The building was made in the form of a five-domed church in the architectural style of the late Empire style and was re-consecrated in the fall of 1853.

With the advent of Soviet power, the church continued to function for the first 30 years, but everything changed in 1935, when the district council decided to place the largest by then standards in the shrine building cinema. Fortunately, this decision was not implemented and the Epiphany Cathedral, despite huge pressure from Soviet atheists, continued to exist.

There is an opinion that in ancient times the Epiphany Cathedral was called an ordinary village church. Judging by the surviving historical documents, the wooden building of the cathedral existed already in 1687, and in the period from 1712 to 1731, thanks to funds donated by the parishioner Voronezh and the Tsarevna Praskovya Ivanovna, a stone building was built.

After serving for about a century, the Epiphany Cathedral was again rebuilt according to the project of the famous Russian architect Evgraf Dmitrievich Tyurin. The building was made in the form of a five-domed church in the architectural style of the late Empire style and was re-consecrated in the fall of 1853.

With the advent of Soviet power, the church continued to function for the first 30 years, but everything changed in 1935, when the district council decided to place the largest by then standards in the shrine building cinema. Fortunately, this decision was not implemented and the Epiphany Cathedral, despite huge pressure from Soviet atheists, continued to exist.

Adresse

st. Spartakovskaya, 15

Emploi du temps

Mon—Fri 7:30 — 19:00, Sat, Sun 7:30 — 20:00

Téléphone

+7 499 261-69-13

Site web

https://elohov.ru/

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/bogoyavlenskij-kafedralnyj-sobor/

Carte

Acheter des billets d'avion

Visites de la ville