Détails de l'endroit

Détails de l'endroit

Annunciation Tower of the Moscow Kremlin

Blagoveshchenskaya Tower is located between Vodovzvodnaya and Tainitskaya towers. It was built in 1487—1488, and in 1680 a stone tetrahedral tent was erected above it, on which there was a watchtower. In the old days, there was another floor under the tower — an underground one. It is now half full.

There is a legend associated with the name of Under Ivan the Terrible, a prison was organized in the tower. On false charges, the voivode was imprisoned. Knowing his innocence, he prayed to the shrines of the Cathedral of the Annunciation of the Mother of God. The Mother of God came to him and promised to help him. Then the prisoner turned to the king for a pardon. The detachment sent by Grozny saw an icon of the Annunciation of the Most Holy Theotokos that appeared on the wall. Impressed by the miracle, the king released the voivode.

In 1731, the Church of the Annunciation was added to the tower, and the watchtower was made a bell tower. Seven bells were installed in it, and the weather vane was replaced with a cross. From 1891 to 1892, the tower was used as a chapel of the church, and windows were made from the loopholes.

The revolution made its own adjustments: the church was dismantled, the loopholes were narrowed, and the weather vane was returned to the place of the cross.

Once upon a time, near the Blagoveshchenskaya Tower there were Portomoyny Gates and the Portomoyny raft, on which the “ports” — linen — were washed. The remains of the gate, which are now laid, can be found on the inside of the Kremlin wall.

Blagoveshchenskaya Tower is located between Vodovzvodnaya and Tainitskaya towers. It was built in 1487—1488, and in 1680 a stone tetrahedral tent was erected above it, on which there was a watchtower. In the old days, there was another floor under the tower — an underground one. It is now half full.

There is a legend associated with the name of Under Ivan the Terrible, a prison was organized in the tower. On false charges, the voivode was imprisoned. Knowing his innocence, he prayed to the shrines of the Cathedral of the Annunciation of the Mother of God. The Mother of God came to him and promised to help him. Then the prisoner turned to the king for a pardon. The detachment sent by Grozny saw an icon of the Annunciation of the Most Holy Theotokos that appeared on the wall. Impressed by the miracle, the king released the voivode.

In 1731, the Church of the Annunciation was added to the tower, and the watchtower was made a bell tower. Seven bells were installed in it, and the weather vane was replaced with a cross. From 1891 to 1892, the tower was used as a chapel of the church, and windows were made from the loopholes.

The revolution made its own adjustments: the church was dismantled, the loopholes were narrowed, and the weather vane was returned to the place of the cross.

Once upon a time, near the Blagoveshchenskaya Tower there were Portomoyny Gates and the Portomoyny raft, on which the “ports” — linen — were washed. The remains of the gate, which are now laid, can be found on the inside of the Kremlin wall.

Blagoveshchenskaya Tower is located between Vodovzvodnaya and Tainitskaya towers. It was built in 1487—1488, and in 1680 a stone tetrahedral tent was erected above it, on which there was a watchtower. In the old days, there was another floor under the tower — an underground one. It is now half full.

There is a legend associated with the name of Under Ivan the Terrible, a prison was organized in the tower. On false charges, the voivode was imprisoned. Knowing his innocence, he prayed to the shrines of the Cathedral of the Annunciation of the Mother of God. The Mother of God came to him and promised to help him. Then the prisoner turned to the king for a pardon. The detachment sent by Grozny saw an icon of the Annunciation of the Most Holy Theotokos that appeared on the wall. Impressed by the miracle, the king released the voivode.

In 1731, the Church of the Annunciation was added to the tower, and the watchtower was made a bell tower. Seven bells were installed in it, and the weather vane was replaced with a cross. From 1891 to 1892, the tower was used as a chapel of the church, and windows were made from the loopholes.

The revolution made its own adjustments: the church was dismantled, the loopholes were narrowed, and the weather vane was returned to the place of the cross.

Once upon a time, near the Blagoveshchenskaya Tower there were Portomoyny Gates and the Portomoyny raft, on which the “ports” — linen — were washed. The remains of the gate, which are now laid, can be found on the inside of the Kremlin wall.

Adresse

nab. Kremlyovskaya

La Source

https://kudago.com/msk/place/blagoveshenskaya-bashnya/

Carte

Acheter des billets d'avion

Visites de la ville